Clinton National Airport Announces Concourse Renovation Plan
Plan designed around customer feedback to improve experience
LITTLE ROCK, ARK. (August 19, 2014) – Continuing its focus to provide passengers with an exemplary experience, the state’s largest airport has announced plans to renovate its concourse. Members of the Little Rock Municipal Airport's Commission’s Customer Service Taskforce were presented details today of a $20.6 million project to enhance the level of customer service, convenience and comfort through improvements to the concourse. The result will provide a cohesive and consistent passenger experience on par with recent airport
The concourse renovation plan includes:
- Modernized concourse interior
- New gate lounge seating with in-seat recharge for portable devices
- Additional concourse restrooms and baggage claim restroom upgrades
- Enhancements to technology, including both increased Wi-Fi capabilities and improved cell phone connectivity
- New jet bridges
- New arrival and departure information monitors and visual paging
- Way finding upgrades
This $20.6 million project, which is a part of the Little Rock Municipal Airport Commission’s 2020 Vision Plan, follows last year’s completion of a new ticket lobby, baggage screening and security checkpoint upgrades and a remodeled baggage claim area.
The concourse renovation plan, which was designed with input of passenger feedback, is expected to be presented to the Little Rock Municipal Airport Commission for approval at its September meeting. If approved, construction is
anticipated to begin in June 2015 and take a year to complete.